A New Model For Inpatient Care & Staff Safety
Clinical Decision Support Solution
Focused on inpatient care
Automatically provides patient and unit acuity scores
Forecasts Staffing Needs
Accurately projects next day’s staffing needs
State of the Industry
Built with you in mind
The Behavioral Health Acuity Index (BHAI) is a clinical decision-support solution that provides a rapid and accurate measure of patient acuity within inpatient settings. The BHAI was created by the nation's leading behavioral health experts to improve patient care, reduce safety risks, and to address the increasingly acute status of mental health patients.
Americans hospitalized for mental health issues every year
BH Hospitals and Psychiatric
Wards in the US
Psychiatric inpatients placed on continuous observation during their stay in hospital.
Ensure the highest level of patient care Reduce safety incidents for patients and staff Manage operating costs Provide the first standard care process model to facilitate enhanced reimbursement for Psychiatric Intensive Care
Our nation’s mental healthcare faces a series of escalation problems including:
- An increasing demand for inpatient services
- Increasing acute symptoms in patients presenting to our ERs and hospitals
- A growing shortage of nurse and providers to meet this patient demand,
- A critical shortage of inpatient beds,
- An increase in costs for services where hospitals lose an average of 34 cents for every dollar spent,
- The absence of a model to facilitate higher reimbursement
Developed by the most trusted names in behavioral health through years of shared data and expertise.